Monday, July 12, 2010

I Ching & Sabian Symbols

I have been studying the relation between the I Ching and Sabian symbols for about ten years.

The research started when I was around 20 years old.
At that time, I had already studied astrology and I Ching for about two years.
However, I lacked practical experience and knowledge about it yet.
Therefore, it was only one method that I understood the relation between 64 hexagrams and Sabian symbols. It links "Zodiac signs(12 constellations)" and "Earler Heaven Bagua".

About a year after that, I noticed another perspective.
I understood it in an intuitive way during practice of "Kimon Tonkou".
"Kimon Tonkou(Qi Men Dun Jia)" is a technology that uses nine spaces where complex elements are included.
In that experience, I obtained a new viewpoint that connected astrology with the I Ching. That viewpoint linked "Later Heaven Bagua(King Wen sequence)" and "Zodiac signs".

Afterwards, I found the third viewpoint in 2004.
This can arrange one degree to one hexagram's Horizontal Line.
By these findings, I now can interpret the I Ching multilaterally.

Current study results are in my website.

http://ciarchives.nemachinotsuki.com/i-ching_sabian.html

However, my website is written in Japanese, so I made two English versions.
(Last update : December 11, 2021)

1. I Ching to Sabian Astrology

2. Sabian Astrology to I Ching


*Astronomical Luo Pan 1



*Astronomical Luo Pan 2



6 comments:

  1. This took my breath away. Amazing. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think this diagram could be related to the Disc of Phaistos? If you find it is, please give me credit for the idea! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to chat with you. Contact me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to read your information in English, but the links to the English sites/translations show up as forbidden links - in other words they are not accessible. If you have the info available in English, and are willing to share it, I would very much appreciate it! Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you. Cheers, Bettina

    ReplyDelete